The Bear program relies heavily on family involvement, but you will see this gradually change with the Scout doing more with the den and more individual direction as he or she graduates to Webelos.
CUB SCOUT PACK 90
“On My Honor I Will Do My Best To Do My Duty To God And My Country And To Obey The Scout Law; To Help Other People At All Times; To Keep Myself Physically Strong, Mentally Awake, And Morally Straight”
-Cub Scout Oath
Cub Scouting is a family program designed for boys and girls in kindergarten through 5thgrades. Cub Scout Pack 90 serves the Shrewsbury, Glen Rock and New Freedom communities. We offer activities that highlight character and leadership. Scouting is designed to develop physical, mental and emotional fitness. Fitness includes a healthy body, healthy mind that is able to think and solve problems, and healthy emotions that exercise self-control, courage and self-respect. Pack 90 follows the Southern York County School District school calendar and meets August through May, with planned summer activities for all Scouts.
“Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean, Reverent”
-Cub Scout Law
Cub Scouting offers fun and challenging activities that promote character development, leadership, physical fitness, community and family. We use community service projects, games, adventures, ceremonies, campouts and many other activities to guide boys and girls through the core values of Scouting and give them a sense of personal achievement. With positive peer group interaction and parental guidance, Scouts also learn honesty, courage and respect. The more involved you become, the more you and your child will get out of the Cob Scouting experience.
“Do Your Best”
-Cub Scout Motto
The impact of Scouting cannot be denied. Studies have shown that Scouts are more likely to:
- Have higher levels of planning and preparation skills, be goal-oriented, and network with others
- Be in a leadership position at their place of employment or local community
- Report having closer relationships with family and friends
- Donate money to charities
- Work with others to improve their communities
Did you know that:
- 181 former Scouts became NASA astronauts including Neil Armstrong?
- 91% of Scouts completed high school, compared with 87% who were never Scouts, and 35% of Scouts earn college degrees, compared with 19% of non-Scouts?
- More than 2/3 of Scouts say there have been real life situations where Scout experience helped them to be a better leader?
Give your child a priceless gift by joining Cub Scouts today! The time you devote now will make a difference in who they become tomorrow.
Is your child interested in Scouting?
Our family-friendly adventures and activities are enjoyable and educational for the whole family. Contact us today and we can answer any questions you have.